Sunday 31 May 2015

Looking back at my 10 Years in Quantum

There are some magical numbers in life to remember & I definitely consider completing this nice milestone of 10 years as a Quantum’ite is something to cherish & brag about J. Not that it is going to change anything but certainly a Feel good factor. Sense of getting reborn into a new role was something worth as part of this whole experience.  I can keep writing this on-and-on but let me pause & appreciate the many good things that have happened…

·         Great Learning
·         Great People & Friends
·         Great Passion
·         New challenges everyday

For real, Ten years seems like a long time, especially in the Sales domain & in the IT industry.
Some people ask, "Did you ever imagine you'd spend 10 years at one company?" Others are more critical, "How could you work at one company for 10 years?"

Commencing with one office in Bangalore through a small team & expanding to Hyderabad, Chennai, Coimbatore & Kochi I’ve seen them all.
Leadership, overseeing, survey, estimation, quoting, vetting, tendering, execution, inspection, reporting, rising slowly rung by rung on the diet of hard work, laced with self-training and spiced with self-abnegation , selling and setting for quality and quantity, batting for growth and bowling for profit, it was a sage of incessant struggle – of being ever on toes, always on call and returning instant e-mail response, to keep ahead and to stay afloat in troublesome waters, surfing the waves of receding veterans and surging recruits.
Of course, there were promotions, better emoluments & perks, bonus to boost the ego & words of appreciation. Life went on even keel, with marriage, births, anniversaries, school admissions and so on. Logging often into the laptop & the Smart phone, now my ubiquitous companion. My family regards it as their arch rival for hogging my attention and affection. In spite of my frequent outstation duties and long hours of work schedule all these years, a warm welcome always awaits me back home. My parents, wife and daughters still wait to dine with me no matter how late. That is time divine, my happiest hour. May God bless them always.

Industry now is surplus with bright faces and fresh young minds and brands. But do they come more fit and eligible? I DOUBT. I’m game & game for more. On this day I announce my coming again.

A few people to thank at work & none more than Mr. Ajit Menon. I would want to call you SIR today. There are times when I wanted to call quits but you egged me on & thanks to you I see this day in Quantum. Thank you for being there always. You remain my inspiration!

Thanks Sharad, Nileshbhai, Sunil Nair, Cyrus Lentin, Rajesh Singh, Purwa Jain, Kolen Shah & many others for being a part of this wonderful journey

Proud to be a Quantum'ite

--Jitender

No comments:

Post a Comment